Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'm Reading Now...


I recently picked up A Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart from the library. It's about a futuristic world in which America is no longer a superpower, and the dollar is backed by the Chinese Yuan. The main character is unattractive and unhealthy, but still values books in a world where no one reads and they think books stink, literally. It's not my typical choice of genre, but it's pretty satirical, and makes you think about a world in which everyone wants to live forever, there is no privacy, America is no longer desirable, and Media and Credit are the most coveted jobs. Plus, girls wear onionskin jeans...read the book to find out what they are-- pretty funny. I'm going to stick with it; I think I'll end up really liking it.




Here's a link to a review:



No comments:

Post a Comment