Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Books!!

John Updike died....

Check the following link for an article about his literary contributions on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99910985


I just finished The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.  Here is a link to an NPR interview with the author.  It includes an excerpt from the novel as well.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90111248

I succumbed to the Twilight series and I am just finishing New Moon. The writing is not very sophisticated, but the story is catching.  It reminds me of DaVinci Code  in that it is a page turner, but not that well-written.  An entertaining read.

My wish list for the next book: Eclipse, The Wishing Year, The Flamenco Academy.

I saw an interview with Sarah Bird that got me interested in The Flamenco Academy.  It's about love and obsession and learning to dance.  It was also fun to learn that she made cash when she was young writing bodice rippers : )

No comments:

Post a Comment